What to expect for your study
We're always happy to answer questions about your study, but here are some things to expect and a few ways to prepare.
- Pack a small bag that includes your pajamas, toiletries and any books, magazines or iPods that'll keep you company. You may want to bring a robe and slippers as your bedroom may not have its own restroom. Also, be sure to bring a list of all your medications.
- Be sure to read the pre-study checklist and follow directions (for example, no alcohol or naps on the day of your study).
- Plan to arrive in the evening around 8:30 pm.
- Remember, showers, hair dryers, light snacks and beverages are available to you at all time.
- After you get checked in and settled in your private room, your Sleep Technician will place a monitor on your finger, a couple belts around your chest and belly and a few leads on your head. These aren't constricting and allow you to move easily from side to side.
- Then, your only job is to make yourself comfortable reading or watching television and then fall asleep.
- If you wake during the night, your technician will be happy to assist you.
Come morning, you'll wake up, get unhooked and be ready to start your day. Feel free to take a shower and have a light breakfast with us if you'd like to head directly off to work.